MINISTERIAL STUDIES DIPLOMA
Upon completion of the Ministerial Studies Diploma (which includes all three levels of study), the student will have met the academic requirements of the U.S. General Council of the Assemblies of God. Successful completion of the Ministerial Studies Program should prepare the student for credentialing interviews, and tests. At the end of this three-year program, the student will have mastered the basic Bib le content (Old and New Testament), theological principles, and practical ministry skills for service in a church or leadership position.
- A three-year study program which requires the completion of all three Levels I, II, III.
- The program is broken into “Eight-Study-Units”(A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H).
**Each Unitconsists of three courses.
- After the successful completion of “Eight-Study-Units” the student will receive the Ministerial Studies Diploma.
Level One (Certified) Upon completion of the Level One Ministerial Certificate, a student should possess the academic requirements to apply for Certified Minister status with the US General Council of the Assemblies of God. This would include a working knowledge of Bible study methods, New Testament content, and Pentecostal doctrine. He or she should possess the basic skills needed to begin serving in a ministerial role in the local church.
- BIB 114 Synoptic Gospels
- BIB 121 Introduction to Hermeneutics: How to Interpret the Bible
- BIB 212 New Testament Survey
- BIB 214 Old Testament Survey
- MIN 171 A Spirit-Empowered Church: An Acts 2 Ministry Model
- MIN 181 Relationships and Ethics in Ministry
- MIN 191 Beginning Ministerial Internship
- THE 114 Introduction to Pentecostal Doctrine
- THE 142 Assemblies of God History, Missions, and Governance
- THE 211 Introduction to Theology
- BIB 115 Acts of the Apostles
- BIB 117 Prison Epistles
- BIB 215 Romans: Justification by Faith
- MIN 123 The Local Church in Evangelism
- MIN 223 Introduction to Homiletics
- MIN 251 Effective Leadership
- MIN 261 Introduction to Assemblies of God Missions
- MIN 281 Conflict Management for Church Leaders
- MIN 291 Intermediate Ministerial Internship
- THE 245 Eschatology: A Study of Things to Come
- BIB 313 The Corinthian Correspondence
- BIB 318 The Pentateuch
- BIB 322 The Poetic Books
- MIN 325 Preaching in Cultural Context
- MIN 327 Church Administration, Finance, and Law
- MIN 381 Pastoral Ministry
- MIN 391 Advanced Ministerial Internship
- THE 311 Prayer and Worship